Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 08-19-2021, 10:34 AM
TT Regular

Boat: X2 2014
OK, thanks for all the help and advice. I learned a lot troubleshooting for this. Will put some contact spray on the connectors and post-back in case this happens again.
Old 09-19-2021, 02:15 PM
TT Regular

Update: The problem came back - the screen shows zero voltage and no engine hours, so I am unable to start the engine.

I managed to trace down that the ECM J1 connector does NOT show voltage on pin19 (ignition feed) when the key is turned to position 3 (IGN+ACC). There is 12V on pin20 (battery feed) and 40 (MEFI system relay enable). So I assume this is causing the issue for the ECM not to boot up.

Any advice on how to trouble-shoot this would be highly appreciated!

Would anyone know the voltage that should read on the round engine wiring harness connector? I am getting between 3 to 8 volts here depending on the pin. Should the purple ignition wire read 12V?
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2021, 05:04 AM
TT Regular

Quick update:

I probably found & solved the issue. One of the relays (ignition) was bad. It must have some sort of internal fault that was sensitive to heat / humidity, as it sometimes was still working. I found it out by swapping relays.