Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-15-2021, 07:55 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X2, 19 XT23
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
The XStar is easily a better surf boat than the G series.... including the paragon. I did at least find the paragon better than the Base G, but still not a stand-out surf wave compared to a lot of the competition.
But we really need to know how it compares to the 300. 😁
Old 05-15-2021, 12:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2020 XStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikewebb919 View Post
Coming from an M235, how does the x24 compare?
Its been a long time since I rode behind a M235..... but even compared to a M240 I like the X24 (and X22, X26, XStar) wave better. Im not so sure the wave on the X boats is any bigger or any cleaner, but from my experience the waves on the X boats are firmer, have more power (especially in the back portion of the wave), and have a much better lip for surf style riding. Although I find the same to be true in almost all surf tab boats vs surf gate boats. Surf gate waves are big and ultra clean, but kinda mushy and very little lip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostDriver669 View Post
But we really need to know how it compares to the 300. 😁
I have yet to ride behind anything that was even close to the wave on the 300. The wave mass is so big on that boat that falling a few times will make you very sore for a few days after. I have never experienced that from surfing. That thing was a riot.
Old 05-15-2021, 07:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 Mastercraft x-25
Quote:
Originally Posted by djyas View Post
Is this even a real person or some bot and/or social media agency? Lets get some proof of life here. Can you post some pics of you and your demos of the MC and you with this paragon you supposedly purchased?

Anyone seriously thinking a slight perceived edge is worth a $140kish retail markup is nuts IMO. Can you please expand on that reasoning?

That is unless Nautique is quietly dumping these for the same price as x24s now?

Related, does anyone think the paragons arent going to depreciate faster than any other wake boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure, No problem. Sorry, I haven't been on here in a bit. First pic is the x24 we demoed with Nester at South Florida Marine, Second Is The Paragon we demoed, and third is our boat. Sorry, It was the only picture I have with me in it.

Slight edge is Storage, placement of cooler, better lounge chairs on rear, walk through to rear, less bow rise on acceleration (no need to use bolster), More shade from bimini and not having to wrap it up, Nautique steering assist is far superior to dockstar in functionality, surf switch so rider and switch wave side, and a better sound system.

No, Nautique isn't dumping Paragons. They are roughly $100,000 more then an average spec'd x-24, but you can put a dent into that by going for even option on the MC.

Do I think the Paragon is going to depreciate faster the than the x-24 or g23? Absolutely! Look, After a year or two, gently used Paragons are going to be going up against new x-24's and g23's. So the question is, for the same money you can order a custom boat or get a used boat that will do "about" the same thing. I really struggled with this decision. That being said, I bought the Paragon simply because I wanted it.
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2021, 11:14 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2020 X-Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
Challenge accepted. I can easily run that length or further in a new XStar, so long as I bump it up to 12.5-13mph...... Which seems to be about the speed they are running. Engine is definitely screaming more than my star would be.

Sadly, I won't have my boat until early august

Hate to be that guy....but it is what it is. I definitely want to try that out, and from what I have seen from my XStars at higher surf speeds, 36' will be easy.

https://youtu.be/mATJ2bgdxL4

Not the best thought out or choreographed exercise...but I do feel I need to carry the torch a little since 440 doesnt have a boat.

Not meant to be apples to apples, or scientific comparison to say that one is definitively better than the other....I was just out with some friends and I brought a tape measure. I definitely could have played around with the settings and done some stuff different, but Im not boardco- I dont get paid to make videos and sell boats, I want to enjoy my time on the lake.

My point is just that the X boats are in the same realm as the other best in the world surf waves...the rest is about setup and personal preference.

Of note, Im 62 ; 210 pounds (thanks covid). Im way bigger than the boardco guy. He is also much more talented than me...and this was my second run of the season- still rusty- and wearing a full wetsuit, riding my normal 47 board (pretty small for a guy my size).

Not really worth watching the video, so if you dont want to click the link- I can just tell you I was about 30 back at 12.5mph and could recover from the curl of the wave fairly easily...the rollers coming off the lake were making it challenging.

Old 05-16-2021, 12:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X1 RTP-1
Honest question from someone who primarily wakeboards: Does big vs biggest really make a difference for most people here? Most of us are limited by our skillset, not the wave. I see the same thing in wakeboarding. Until you get to the point of throwing pro-level tricks, what does it matter? I'm throwing the same tricks behind my 205V stock wake as I would behind a perfectly tuned latest-gen X-star.
Old 05-16-2021, 12:56 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Achilles sg124
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacmikes View Post
https://youtu.be/mATJ2bgdxL4

Not the best thought out or choreographed exercise...but I do feel I need to carry the torch a little since 440 doesnt have a boat.

Not meant to be apples to apples, or scientific comparison to say that one is definitively better than the other....I was just out with some friends and I brought a tape measure. I definitely could have played around with the settings and done some stuff different, but Im not boardco- I dont get paid to make videos and sell boats, I want to enjoy my time on the lake.

My point is just that the X boats are in the same realm as the other best in the world surf waves...the rest is about setup and personal preference.

Of note, Im 62 ; 210 pounds (thanks covid). Im way bigger than the boardco guy. He is also much more talented than me...and this was my second run of the season- still rusty- and wearing a full wetsuit, riding my normal 47 board (pretty small for a guy my size).

Not really worth watching the video, so if you dont want to click the link- I can just tell you I was about 30 back at 12.5mph and could recover from the curl of the wave fairly easily...the rollers coming off the lake were making it challenging.

That is awesome!
Old 05-16-2021, 01:06 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X2, 19 XT23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewbacca View Post
Honest question from someone who primarily wakeboards: Does big vs biggest really make a difference for most people here? Most of us are limited by our skillset, not the wave. I see the same thing in wakeboarding. Until you get to the point of throwing pro-level tricks, what does it matter? I'm throwing the same tricks behind my 205V stock wake as I would behind a perfectly tuned latest-gen X-star.
I will say from a surfing standpoint, yes it does help. Not to land new tricks, but to allow more leeway to get back into the wave and keep going vs losing the wave.
Old 05-16-2021, 01:30 PM
TT Regular

These threads just remind me of the what oil is best threads.

Old 05-16-2021, 01:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 Mastercraft XT21
https://youtu.be/V_yuS8txoUU

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2021, 01:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X1 RTP-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostDriver669 View Post
I will say from a surfing standpoint, yes it does help. Not to land new tricks, but to allow more leeway to get back into the wave and keep going vs losing the wave.
I can see that, but we're talking about pockets going >35' behind the boat. I get wanting a tall wave. I get wanting a long pocket. I don't get the pissing contest over who can pull the tape measure the furthest.