Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 05-13-2021, 04:04 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2009 Sanger V215
When Is the next economic correction happening?

when does everybody think the next economic correction is going to happen because this all can't last forever.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:08 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
omg, just went to onlyinboards.com to see what mc's popped up in the last few days! lord I cannot believe the prices people or dealers are asking.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:20 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 Mastercraft X23
If we knew that we wouldn't care about the cost of any boat. We could overcome anything.

A lot of people think prices will come back down but I don't see it coming down much. Higher prices are here to stay but earnings will have to increase. People who are building houses with a 2x4 that cost $8 when everyone else built theirs when they were $3 have no choice but to sell their house for more than they paid which is why it won't drop. There will be some to lose a home but that happens no matter what lumber prices are. For this reason alone will be why prices won't come back down.

Also I don't think boat prices will come down either they're here to stay.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:49 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X-2
Depends on what happens to interest rates. The fed is on the brink of losing control (some would argue they already have).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2021, 09:25 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mastercraft, prostar 2001 205v
just think back to 2008... this is unsustainable... the big reset will happen when it happens... all you can do is take profit when it is there... like most did last week...
Old 05-13-2021, 10:17 AM
TT Regular

Boat: '15 X10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bretcole View Post
when does everybody think the next economic correction is going to happen because this all can't last forever.
Are you asking about the stock market or the economy?
Old 05-13-2021, 10:24 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2019 XT22
Unrelated. You thing Sanger is having a tough time building boats cause of the wood shortage?

Sorry. I’ll see myself out. Lol

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer
Old 05-13-2021, 11:01 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X14
Well as history has shown the next recession will hit when an R is in the White House again <grinning, ducking and running for cover>

That said prices for some raw materials are going through the roof but many others are not budging. I got a quote for work for 5000 steel bars to be used for testing. I had my minion put in a P.O. to purchase them and the PO took 2 days to process and hit the company selling me the bars. Price already had jumped 15% and we had to adjust the P.O.

People all up and down the hallways at work are grumbling about material costs going up, not by a lot but we only adjust prices once per year unless we get clobbered on raw material cost increases. So there is a LOT work being put in to guess what is going to happen but that is all above my pay grade.

A neighbor signed a contract to build a McMansion house back in November. They just broke ground this week for it and his lumber costs are up close to $85,000. To stop the price increases he paid the lumber bill and had the lumber dumped on his vacant lot about a month ago to stop the increase in his price gain pain.

I have a massive blueberry patch and so we sort of track blueberry prices at the stores and last week my wife saw blueberries for $1.00 per ounce!
Old 05-13-2021, 11:33 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretcole View Post

I believe the next big economic correction (stocks are obviously not the whole economy) is years out but inflation is happening now and will continue.

Former Fed chair Ben Bernanke is arguably the worlds foremost scholar on the Great Depression and his big conclusion for how to avoid another one is.... avoid deflation at ALL costs. Iíd say the whole Fed institution (even the whole of government) has adopted this thinking. So weíre printing money like there is no tomorrow, because they think if we donít there actually might not be. IMO this canít help but yield huge growth for a few years, longer term it might be a disaster but next few years should be very prosperous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2021, 11:37 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ORidr View Post
Well as history has shown the next recession will hit when an R is in the White House again <grinning, ducking and running for cover>

That said prices for some raw materials are going through the roof but many others are not budging. I got a quote for work for 5000 steel bars to be used for testing. I had my minion put in a P.O. to purchase them and the PO took 2 days to process and hit the company selling me the bars. Price already had jumped 15% and we had to adjust the P.O.

People all up and down the hallways at work are grumbling about material costs going up, not by a lot but we only adjust prices once per year unless we get clobbered on raw material cost increases. So there is a LOT work being put in to guess what is going to happen but that is all above my pay grade.

A neighbor signed a contract to build a McMansion house back in November. They just broke ground this week for it and his lumber costs are up close to $85,000. To stop the price increases he paid the lumber bill and had the lumber dumped on his vacant lot about a month ago to stop the increase in his price gain pain.

I have a massive blueberry patch and so we sort of track blueberry prices at the stores and last week my wife saw blueberries for $1.00 per ounce!

Iím hearing stories just like this. Prices are going up for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk