Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 04-11-2021, 02:34 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X-2, 2007, MCX
XT25 Docking Lights

Wanting to add docking lights to my 2019 XT25.
Anyone know where the wiring connector is located?
I have 7 inch display and there should be a connector or terminals prewired.
Old 04-11-2021, 08:13 PM
Tony84121

MC generally prewires all these options. That said, Usually the PDM is already wired to the dock lights; have you found the connector at the bow of the boat. I’m guessing when you press the button at the helm, you’ll have 12VDC at the bow connector.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:41 AM
TT Newbie

I don't see them. I'm certain there are connectors for it to the PDM but trying to determine if they would be behind the instrument cluster or closer to the bow. I looked at the wiring harness under the instrument cluster but could find connectors labeled for dock lights.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:42 AM
TT Newbie

I don't see them. I'm certain there are connectors for it to the PDM but trying to determine if they would be behind the instrument cluster or closer to the bow. I looked at the wiring harness under the instrument cluster but could not find connectors labeled for dock lights.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:42 AM
TT Newbie

I’ve searched everywhere and can’t seem to find them. Anyone had any luck?
Old 05-04-2021, 10:03 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X22 2020 Ilmor 6.2L
They are located behind the bow cushion You will need to remove both front speakers to access the the bolts that hold the front cushion in place. There are 2x nuts 7/16 on both sides that will need to be remove. Once removed you will need to pull the end of the cushion in so the studs are out of the fiberglass and pull up. Then there are 2 vents that will need to be removed there are hose clamps on the backside the will also need to be removed, you can access them from the anchor locker. They are kind of a pain. Once the vents are removed use a light to locate the wires they will be zip tied up and marked docking lights.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:40 AM
TT Newbie

Here's a pic of the bow cushion removed.
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2021, 10:51 AM
TT Newbie

I also added about 24inches to the leads on the lights using solder and shrink tubing. I did this to minimize the diameter and the size hole i had to drill into the fiberglass which was 5/16. I then installed the lights and trimmed the wire leads as required prior to installing the connectors.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:49 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2021 Mastercraft XT21 Ilmor 6.0, Formerly 2004 Maristar 230/X30 and 2001 Maristar 230
I am similarly looking to add transom lights, and the connectors were easy to find in the engine compartment. Were you able to find the correct connectors so that the light wiring can plug into the existing connectors? Also the stock LED lights fit over the rub rail, has anyone found a good source for these lights?
Old 05-04-2021, 12:04 PM
TT Newbie

I have the leds for the transom as well just haven't had the time to install them yet. They are the same light as the docking lights. I purchased mine through sailorsams.com they don't show on there site I had to call to order them all 4 were $266.00. One note is you will have to cut out a section of the rub rail to properly install them. I did locate the wiring for the rear transom lights they were zip tied up under the rear of the boat I had to remove the engine side covers and unscrew the carpeted back cover behind the rear sacs to find the wiring. There is quite a bit of wiring so it took me a minute to find them and test to make sure i had the right ones.