Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 02-17-2019, 09:27 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X-Star 400hp
HELP! Adjusting volume on tower speakers

Hey guys. I have a 2007 x star factory 4 tower speakers. Basically all I am wanting to do right now is adjust volume one the tower speakers and in boat speakers separate on the fly and also add Bluetooth.

1. Would it be best to get the wet sound ws420bt and if I go that route is the BT knob worth the extra $$$.

2. Or would I be better off getting a new head unit if so do I have to change the remotes on the stern and by the drivers seat.

TIA
Old 02-17-2019, 10:04 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: pontoon
Quote:
Would it be best to get the wet sound ws420bt and if I go that route is the BT knob worth the extra
The 420BT has BT integrated, so im not sure what you mean by "BT knob". You could go with the SQ and BT-UR as an option. Or the 220BT and 4 zones, instead of 3.

A new head unti with integrated BT would not offer on the fly zone control unless you went with one of the very few, that offer zone control access through the remotes.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:42 PM
TT Newbie

WW-BT VC-V2 | Wet Sounds Marine Bluetooth Knob With Volume Control
Old 02-17-2019, 10:48 PM
MC Devotee

That would be a redundant BT receiver if you installed that, along with the WS-420BT.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:56 PM
TT Newbie

Ok thanks. I was curious as to why they offer the bracket for the equalizer with that option to. Unless you just want to use that as a control if you don’t have factory remotes?

Also you mentioned the 220BT. I do have 2 amps and an extra sub. They are the same price which one would you suggest?
Old 02-18-2019, 11:14 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwillms View Post
Ok thanks. I was curious as to why they offer the bracket for the equalizer with that option to. Unless you just want to use that as a control if you donít have factory remotes?

Also you mentioned the 220BT. I do have 2 amps and an extra sub. They are the same price which one would you suggest?
That bracket is for the WS-420SQ model. They also offer a bracket for the "BT" model, that does not have that hole to the side.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:35 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2017 xstar
Quote:
Hey guys. I have a 2007 x star factory 4 tower speakers. Basically all I am wanting to do right now is adjust volume one the tower speakers and in boat speakers separate on the fly and also add Bluetooth.

1. Would it be best to get the wet sound ws420bt and if I go that route is the BT knob worth the extra $$$.

2. Or would I be better off getting a new head unit if so do I have to change the remotes on the stern and by the drivers seat.

TIA
What do you have for an amp that controls the tower? I know the newer JL's and I believe most of the older ones have a "Volume control" port where you can install a cable and the other end has a volume knob to control the sound (I know my JL's do) It does not adjust the gain, it actually controls the volume of the channels its connected to.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:23 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2018 X23, 6000GDI
Quote:

TIA
I think you already have your answer on 1.... you don't need the BT feature if you are plugging in to the existing deck with your phone for music. If you went with BT... you would only be able to control the audio amps for what is hooked up to the EQ...
2. This would be a great way to control your sub, cabin and tower speakers. It works great for me. Cheaper option would be to set up RCA's and amp hook up for your existing deck and use fader to control cabin and tower. The EQ would give you more flexibility, but now you have to run a few more cables to it