Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-17-2018, 02:05 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft x-15 2009
Just some thoughts,

I have a 2009 X-15. I fill all 3 hard tanks full. We have 2- 600 lb bags in the rear. To surf port side, I feel port side full , about 500 lbs and add about 200 lbs to starboard side. I mount a mission Delta on lowest level right below rear vent on the starboard side

I bought 4 50lb lead wake bags. I put 2 on each side of engine between engine panel and hard tank. These drop in real nice in that spot. This helps a lot. There is room for 3 on each side.

I raised the swim deck 4 inches with new brackets. Boat needs to list slightly to raise mission delta up to get a better wave.

Everyone sits on port side. Run 10.6 -10.8 MPH. If surfing port, extra weight under port seat will always help push. Always have someone set in rear port seat. I have 4 large batteries under my rear port seat. I know - crazy - high $ stereo, came that way.

I also carry air-chair on port side in the rack along with skis, wakeboards etc. under port side front seat. Keep cooler full to start out with and always go to the lake with full tank of gas.

I am at 6300 feet elevation. I adjust attitude plate to around 20-40%. Wave is beautiful. We can surf 10-15 feet back. Having a phase 5 Model X was a key purchase for us. Everyone loves that board. I have had beginners throw the rope in first day and surf all the way around the lake.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:05 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft x-15 2009
Just some thoughts,

I have a 2009 X-15. I fill all 3 hard tanks full. We have 2- 600 lb bags in the rear. To surf port side, I feel port side full , about 500 lbs and add about 200 lbs to starboard side. I mount a mission Delta on lowest level right below rear vent on the starboard side

I bought 4 50lb lead wake bags. I put 2 on each side of engine between engine panel and hard tank. These drop in real nice in that spot. This helps a lot. There is room for 3 on each side.

I raised the swim deck 4 inches with new brackets. Boat needs to list slightly to raise mission delta up to get a better wave.

Everyone sits on port side. Run 10.6 -10.8 MPH. If surfing port, extra weight under port seat will always help push. Always have someone set in rear port seat. I have 4 large batteries under my rear port seat. I know - crazy - high $ stereo, came that way.

I also carry air-chair on port side in the rack along with skis, wakeboards etc. under port side front seat. Keep cooler full to start out with and always go to the lake with full tank of gas.

I am at 6300 feet elevation. I adjust attitude plate to around 20-40%. Wave is beautiful. We can surf 10-15 feet back. Having a phase 5 Model X was a key purchase for us. Everyone loves that board. I have had beginners throw the rope in first day and surf all the way around the lake.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:17 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X-15 MCX
2008 X15

Port Side Surf setup:
All stock ballast full, 765# PNP bags, full on portside, approx 500# starboard side.
Mission Delta as far back as possible with tab forward.
Passengers to port side seating first.
400# lead in the front
11mph

Good push and height.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:26 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft X15 2007, MCX, Acme 5 Blade, Pair of WetSounds Rev410's, WetSounds SD6, 2 JL 12w6v2 subs, 2 JL HD750/1, WS402SQ
Iím filling the starboard with about 900 lbs and the port side with about 500 or half way in my 1100lbs bag. I havenít been filling the KGB but I can try it. It also have 2 580 bags in the nose but Iíve never filled them either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2018, 10:22 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 x-15 5.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger82 View Post
Seeing if anyone has recommendations to get more push out of the wake on a 2008 X-15. All stock ballast filled including an extra 610 lbs. bag in port side rear locker (when surfing regular). Great looking wave just no push and not much length. Mission mounted on the lowest section of hull, and far back as possible. Thanks for the help!
I'd suggest more weight overall and to evenly weight the boat. You can have a slight list to the surf side to help clean up (especially on starboard). Also speed can help with push and length. We surf our x15 at 11.4 mph with 40% of the ballast in the bow, the bow weight helps with length too. As for the Delta Mission says to place it on the hull so that it is about 2/3s submerged when the boat is loaded for surfing and at rest, it doesn't have to be way under water. You can fiddle with the front to back location but far back is best. For weight I have all hard tanks full, 600 ish lbs in each rear locker and 260 lbs under each front seat. Then I move people around as needed (i.e. into the rear surf corner and up to the bow etc.)
Old 07-21-2018, 10:26 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft X15, 2011 5.7 Indmar 310 H.P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-OH View Post
my experience is that you are right, as you start to put a gate too low the wave loses push etc. Here is a pretty good video about getting a great wave with surf gates.

https://www.missionboatgear.com/blog...wake-surf-wave

In reguards to the video link in this post, the video states on Mastercrafts the mission may function better with the paddle installed flipped over with the curved side to the back of the boat. Has anyone got any input on this with the X15ís

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2018, 01:45 PM
TT Regular

Finally got a surf out of our 2011 x15, we have stock ballasts full which I believe is 890 lbs (according to googling specs), delta mission wave shaper and six people on board evenly seated in the rear. Tried many different speeds with no success so I went backward and ended up at 9.6 mph. Drove around at speed and messed with the gen 1 surf tab until I got a curl to the wave and this was the end result. Still looking for better, seemed like I had to work really hard to keep up with the boat but maybe just my skill level https://youtu.be/MTMcW5NRad8

Old 07-26-2018, 04:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 x-15 5.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbender73 View Post
In reguards to the video link in this post, the video states on Mastercrafts the mission may function better with the paddle installed flipped over with the curved side to the back of the boat. Has anyone got any input on this with the X15’s

This is all X15. Here is my STARBOARD wave, the port wave is better still. Here is how I put the gate on. I've been dialing this in for a couple of years and I can say it is getting pretty solid. I NEVER use any tabs of any kind. I slightly list the boat to the surf side but just slightly. This cleans is up the wave face for the starboard side, not sure it helps much port but what ever. We surf at 11.4 mph.

Three things you need are more weight, more BOW weight and more speed. I have a bare minimum of 2400-2600 lbs of ballast weight not including people with about 40% of that in the bow (I move people around as needed). You are going to want some ballast bags, that is basically unavoidable with surfing where weight = wave.
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2018, 04:35 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-OH View Post
This is all X15. Here is my STARBOARD wave, the port wave is better still. Here is how I put the gate on. I've been dialing this in for a couple of years and I can say it is getting pretty solid. I NEVER use any tabs of any kind. I slightly list the boat to the surf side but just slightly. This cleans is up the wave face for the starboard side, not sure it helps much port but what ever. We surf at 11.4 mph.

Three things you need are more weight, more BOW weight and more speed. I have a bare minimum of 2400-2600 lbs of ballast weight not including people with about 40% of that in the bow (I move people around as needed). You are going to want some ballast bags, that is basically unavoidable with surfing where weight = wave.

Ballast bags are on my needs list, I was just surprised that I seemed to get more push with less weight. It seems unlikely but I kept trying faster speeds with no success so out of curiosity I just decided to start slowing it down and was surprised at what I had found

Old 07-28-2018, 09:07 AM
TT Regular

Boat: mastercraft, maristar, 1995
Had the best surf wave ever on our x15 last night. 2800 pounds ballast and 6 adults.